Every Single Marijuana And Drug Policy Ballot Measure Passing On Election Day Bolsters Federal Reform Push
Voters in seven states approved ballot measures to legalize marijuana, allow medical cannabis, decriminalize drugs and legalize psilocybin therapy.
* Arizona voters passed a marijuana legalization initiative, four years after defeating a similar measure.
* Mississippi voters approved a robust medical cannabis ballot over a restrictive alternative placed on the ballot by lawmakers.
* Montana voters approved marijuana legalization.
* New Jersey voters approved a referendum to legalize cannabis, setting up a potential wave of East Coast states following suit.
* Oregon voters made their state the first in the nation to decriminalize possession of all drugs. The ballot measure they approved also uses existing marijuana tax revenue to fund expanded treatment services.
* Oregon voters also approved a first-of-its-kind measure to legalize psilocybin therapy.
* South Dakota voters approved separate initiatives to legalize marijuana and medical cannabis.
* Washington, D.C. voters approved a measure to decriminalize psychedelics in the nation’s capital.